By: Dominic Jones
More exciting news out of E3! Video game distributor, Limited Run Games announced that they were partnering with Lucasfilm to re-release physical editions of several classic Star Wars games, including Shadows of the Empire, TIE Fighter, Episode I: Racer, and Dark Forces, as well as other (non-Star Wars) classic LucasArts games like The Curse of Monkey Island. Some of the re-releases will be as (physical) collectors editions for their original console (like N64 and Gameboy), while others will be released (on disc) for modern consoles (like the PlayStation 4).
Limited Run released a special trailer for the re-releases on their Twitter account, which you can check out below,
Now, THIS is podracing! We're pleased to be working with Lucasfilm Games to release definitive Collector's Editions of classic @StarWars games and more. #E32019 pic.twitter.com/V44sfqrwKP— Limited Run @E3 (@LimitedRunGames) June 10, 2019
The full list of games, as well as the console they are being released for, is below
- Star Wars (NES, Game Boy)
- Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (PS4)
- Star Wars: Dark Forces (PC)
- Star Wars Episode I: Racer (PC, N64)
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (NES, Game Boy)
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight (PC)
- Star Wars Jedi Knight 2 - Jedi Outcast (PC)
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (PC)
- Star Wars: Racer Revenge (PS4)
- Star Wars: Rebel Assault (PC)
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (PC, N64)
- Star Wars: TIE Fighter (PC)
- Star Wars: X-Wing (PC)
- The Curse of Monkey Island (PC)
- Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck’s Revenge (PC)
- The Secret of Monkey Island (PC)
- The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition (PC)
The first games being released are Star Wars (on NES, Game Boy), and Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (on PlayStation 4) on June 28th. There will be more LucasArts games re-released every month, "in elaborate Collector’s Edition packages."
Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Star Wars news.