Tuesday, September 5, 2017

BREAKING: Colin Trevorrow Out As Episode IX Director

1 comments


By Ciaran Duggan,

Lucasfilm is moving in a new direction with the final chapter of the sequel trilogy.  The company and director Colin Trevorrow announced today that they have mutually chosen to part ways on Star Wars: Episode IX, which is currently slated for a May 24th, 2019 release date.

In a statement made on StarWars.com, Lucasfilm said:


"Lucasfilm and Colin Trevorrow have mutually chosen to part ways on Star Wars: Episode IX. Colin has been a wonderful collaborator throughout the development process but we have all come to the conclusion that our visions for the project differ. We wish Colin the best and will be sharing more information about the film soon."

Trevorrow previously directed Jurassic World and, most recently, The Book of Henry.

This is the second time in less than a year that directors have parted ways with Lucasfilm - Ron Howard took over for Phil Lord and Christopher Miller earlier this year as director on the upcoming Han Solo film, scheduled for May 2018 release.

Source: Star Wars

Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Star Wars news.

1 comments:

Aaron Neel said...

Post a Comment

 
This site is not endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd. or Disney and is intended for entertainment and information purposes only. The official Star Wars site can be found at www.starwars.com. Star Wars, the Star Wars logo, all names and pictures of Star Wars characters, vehicles and any other Star Wars related items are registered trademarks and/or copyrights of Lucasfilm Ltd., or their respective trademark and copyright holders. All original content of this site, both graphical and textual, is the intellectual property of The Star Wars Underworld - unless otherwise indicated.
Site template © 2011 DheTemplate.com. Supported by PsPrint Emeryville and homeinbayarea.com