Mobile game developer Kabam! announced today that the game Star Wars: Uprising will be shutting down in November. The game was launched in September 2015 and told the story of the Anoat sector immediately following the death of the Emperor in Return of the Jedi. The game has been pulled from the app store and will shut down on November 17th at 9am PT. Kabam released the following statement on their official Star Wars: Uprising forums,
Despite the best efforts of our team here at Kabam, unfortunately, Star Wars: Uprising will soon be decommissioned. On November 17th, 2016, all Star Wars: Uprising servers will be shutting down permanently. As part of this shutdown, we will be shutting down payments today, September 22nd, 2016, to prevent additional payments from occurring. For more information about the shutdown, please visit the FAQ below or your in-game message.
We have also created a discussion thread HERE, and we'll be monitoring the thread as best as we can.
We hope that you enjoyed Star Wars: Uprising, and would like to invite you to come check out one of Kabam’s other great mobile games. Finally, we would just like to again thank you for your commitment to Star Wars: Uprising. We hope to see you again soon!
1. Why is Star Wars: Uprising shutting down?
While Star Wars: Uprising was enjoyed by a great community of players since its launch, the game is no longer achieving the level of success needed to maintain the game and the decision was made to discontinue support.
2. When is the last day I can play Star Wars: Uprising?
You’ll be able to play Star Wars: Uprising until the servers are disconnected at 9AM Pacific Time on November 17th, 2016.
3. Why can’t Kabam just leave the game up as it is?
There are a number of things that go into maintaining a game beyond keeping the power running. Addressing issues, developing content and providing support are important components as well, and we feel those resources can be better served building and supporting Kabam’s existing and new titles.
4. Is there any way to save my player data or bases?
There won’t be a way to access your data from the game’s servers after they go offline. We suggest you take screenshots of your accomplishments before November 17, 2016.
5. Where can I play other games like Star Wars: Uprising?
We’re glad you enjoyed Star Wars: Uprising, and would like to invite you to check out one of Kabam’s other great mobile games.
6. Now that Star Wars: Uprising is concluding, what happens to my monetary investment in the game?
For qualifying players who have purchased 1 or more Chromium Packages, we would like to grant you currency relative to your investment in Star Wars: Uprising in one of Kabam’s other mobile games. Marvel Contest of Champions is eligible for this grant.
7. How do I secure my grant in the game listed above?
Qualifying players will receive a message in their in-game mailboxes containing instructions on how to receive their grant.
8. If I connect my Kabam.com account from Star Wars: Uprising to Marvel Contest of Champions after November 17, 2016 at 11:59PM PST, can I still get my currency grant in the new game?
No. Currency will only be granted to users connecting their Kabam.com account before November 17, 2016 at 11:59PM PST. There will be no exceptions.
9. Do I have to create a new Marvel Contest of Champions account to qualify for the currency grant if I have accounts in these games already?
No. Players with existing accounts in the qualifying games are eligible as well.
Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Star Wars news.