After months of speculation we finally have some solid details on the upcoming 3D Blu-ray version of Star Wars: The Force Awakens! Today, Entertainment Weekly announced that this new collector's edition box set will include four discs that feature not only the film itself, in 3D, but also a load of new bonus features. Along with all of the behind the scenes material that was released with the standard Blu-ray release, this edition will include even more previously unseen content, including an audio commentary track by director J.J. Abrams and some new deleted scenes. Furthermore, EW provides a full description of the included bonus features:
- A look at how sound technicians blend action with audio effects in the featurette Foley: A Sonic Tale.
- Sounds of the Resistance, another audio themed doc showing how the sound designers blended real recordings into otherworldly effects in the film.
- Deleted Scenes – While there were a handful of deleted footage on the original Blu-ray, this one promises even more “never-before-shared” scenes.
- Dressing the Galaxy – A look at how wardrobe designs from the original trilogy were retooled by costume designer Michael Kaplan to fit the galaxy three decades later.
- Daisy Ridley and John Boyega share a conversation in The Scavenger and the Stormtrooper, a featurette that was released only on the previous disc as an exclusive at Target stores.
- Inside the Armory – A tour of the various weapons and battle gear in the battle between the Resistance and The First Order.
The Star Wars: The Force Awakens 3D Collector's Edition will hit retailer's shelves across the globe starting in October. It will be out in Holland and Sweden on October 31st, Italy & Spain on November 2nd, Australia on November 9th, The United States & Canada on November 15th, Brazil on November 16th and Germany on November 24th.
Source: Entertainment Weekly
Photo via: Furious Fanboys
Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Star Wars news.