By: Dominic Jones
The popular mobile game Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes got a major update this week, adding several new features and game modes. The two biggest additions to the game are allowing players to form Guilds and go on Raids. Here's what players can expect from the Galaxy of Heroes update, according to the official EA Star Wars website,
- Guilds are unlocked when players reach level 22. To join a Guild, players can search for a friend, explore recommended Guilds, or create their own.
- New chat functionality lets players connect and strategize with Guild mates in real time.
- Guild activities provide ongoing challenges to inspire competition and cooperation with Guild mates for epic gear and rewards.
- A deep set of Guild management tools allow Guild leaders to customize a logo, make their Guild public or private, promote officers, manage membership, and more.
- Players can go deep into The Pit, the first in a series of multi-tier Raids that will grow over time. The Pit challenges Guilds to square off against a ferocious rancor, with multiple difficulty levels and a variety of rewards for players from levels 22 to 80.
- Raid leaderboards let players keep tabs on who's ahead and who's behind in the race to be the best and wealthiest in the Cantina.
Earn New Characters
- Han Solo (Rancor Raid)- Rebel Scoundrel Attacker who always shoots first. Han gets a free attack at the beginning of the battle, allowing the player to start with a substantial advantage.
- Gamorrean Guard (Guild Store)- These powerful warriors use Taunts and Counters with multiple Damage Over Time effects.
- Jawa Engineer (Guild Store)- High-speed Jawa Healer with a critical chance buff that supports both Jawas and Droids—teams that have, until now, not had a healer of their own.
Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes is available for free on iOS and Android devices (though there are in-game purchases available).
Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Star Wars news.