There are less than two months to go before the Star Wars party-event of the year kicks off. Star Wars Celebration will be hosted in London from July 15 - 17, this year. Two Stage Hosts have been announced so far. Prominent Voice Actor, Sound Designer and previous Celebration host, David Collins, will be one of the two stage hosts. The other stage host, which was announced a couple of days ago, will be super fan and well renowned actor, Warwick Davis.
Despite the announcement of Warwick Davis, we know very little about what will happen at this year's Star Wars Celebration. In this article, I make a couple of predictions about what events I think SW fans will get to see and hear about in London, this July.
1) The Force Awakens 'Review' Panel
- Undeniably, the commercial success of 2015. It will be highly likely that Disney and LucasFilm will want to have Kathleen Kennedy or J. J. Abrams or cast members from Episode VII, to talk about their experiences with working on the film. They may even reveal some behind the scenes gossip, as well as funny stories about their time on set.
2) Rogue One Theatrical Trailer Release
- The first teaser trailer for Rogue One was released two weeks ago, and it has got fans hyped. I imagine that LucasFilm will want to publicize this film further very soon (as the film is released in December this year). I believe there will be a preview panel for Rogue One, including design schematics, images of the film and a behind the scenes look at how the film has been created.
- It would be in their best interest to exclusively show a new trailer at Celebration, and then release the trailer online. The debut of the Force Awakens trailer at Anaheim was a huge success, why not emulate it here at Celebration?
3) Episode VIII Preview Panel
- Episode VIII has been on the back burner a lot this year, particularly because of the debut of the Force Awakens and the hype surrounding the anthology film, Rogue One. Celebration would be a perfect place to debut some new details and information about the plot of the film, a description about some of the costumes, aliens and sets which have been used in production. We may even get a title. That would be exciting.
4) Star Wars Rebels S3 Preview Panel
- S2 of Rebels has finished, but we have heard nothing about Season Three. There has been no trailer, interviews or marketing about the next season of Rebels. Perhaps they are saving it for Celebration. In Anaheim, the Rebels team debuted their S2 trailer and publicised what the season was going to entail. Could they do the same again this year, in London.
Of course this is all speculation, but based on the trends from recent celebrations and the reputed release dates of these projects, it would make sense to have panels on these films and TV shows at SW Celebration.
To keep up to date with breaking and updated news for SW Celebration, check the link out below:Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Star Wars news.