Disney announced today that, after the success of this year's event, Star Wars Day at Sea will be returning to the Disney Fantasy Cruises in Early 2017. The event features Star Wars characters, family friendly competitions, Star Wars fireworks display, the “Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple” feature from the Disney Parks where kids can train to be Jedi and fight Darth Vader, and screening of all seven films in the saga as well as Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
According to the Disney Parks Blog, the activities are,
Force-filled Fun for Everyone
- Characters from across the Star Wars galaxy are onboard for interactions, photos and also may be seen patrolling the decks.
- Kids and families enjoy friendly competition during Star Wars trivia games, putting their knowledge of the film and television sagas to the test.
- Guests are encouraged to bring their costumes and participate in the costume celebration held in the ship’s atrium.
Younglings Use Their Power
- In “Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple,” Force-sensitive children learn the ways of the Jedi and use their new-found skills in a final face off with Darth Vader.
- Star Wars-themed arts and crafts, games, and activities are offered throughout the day in Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab youth clubs.
Star Wars Deck Party and Fireworks
- An exciting evening blasts off with a deck party filled with music, a galactic dance party and appearances of Star Wars characters on the deck stage.
- The grand finale is a spectacular display of pyrotechnics, lighting and sound effects set to a medley of Star Wars music.
Merchandise, Food and Beverage
- Event merchandise exclusive to Star Wars Day at Sea is available on each sailing, including a range of collectible items, apparel and trading pins.
- Specialty Star Wars-themed beverages, including non-alcoholic offerings, as well as snacks, dinner menu items and desserts, please the palates of everyone from Padawans to rebel pilots to Tusken Raiders.
- Guests can watch “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” the first in a new series of standalone Star Wars films, to be released on Dec. 16, 2016, as well as all seven films in the Star Wars saga.
Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Star Wars news.