Last week, Latino Review posted a story about a couple of scenes involving a new character played by Laura Dern in Star Wars Episode VIII. Today, our friends at MakingStarWars.net have posted a follow up with more details about Dern's rumored role in the film. As usual, there is a chance this may not be true but, if you are trying to avoid all Episode VIII spoilers then stop reading now. This is your SPOILER ALERT!
According to MSW,
- Laura Dern is a leader of The Resistance.
- Leia’s ship is ambushed, she is blasted through space.
- Leia ends up in a coma.
- Laura Dern’s character then takes over Resistance command, but makes things far worse.
- With this in mind, Poe takes control of the situation and becomes the interim leader of The Resistance.
- In regards to the way Dern is portrayed, we are meant to not be sure if she is good or bad.
This lines up perfectly with Latino Review's report about Poe taking over command of a ship from Dern. The question remains of where her loyalties truly lie. Is she a misguided Resistance fighter? A New Republic military leader who is at odds with Leia, Poe and the rest of the Resistance Leadership? Or, could she be a First Order sympathizer? We'll find out December 15th, 2017.
As always this is just a rumor until confirmed or denied by Lucasfilm or Disney.
Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Star Wars news.