Friday, February 19, 2016

Lucasfilm's Pablo Hidalgo Clarifies 'Episode VIII' Teaser is Not Just Unused Takes From 'The Force Awakens'

6 comments
By: Dominic Jones

Last week when Lucasfilm announced that production had begun on Rian Johnson' Star Wars Episode VIII with the awesome teaser video featuring Johnson on set with Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker and Daisy Ridley as Rey, fans immediately began debating whether or not that was new footage shot by Johnson for Episode VIII or simply unused angles shot for the iconic final scene of  The Force Awakens.  Today, Lucasfilm's Pablo Hidlago confirmed (more or less) on Twitter that it was new footage shot by Johnson for Episode VIII that was seen in the teaser.

This raises the question, will Episode VIII pick up immediately where Episode VII left off?  If it does, it would be a first for Star Wars films (which typically have at least a year in between).

Big thanks to our buddy Steele Saunders of the Steele Wars Podcast for getting that answer from Pablo!

Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Star Wars news.

6 comments:

Raptor Blue said...

No said...

David Hackett said...

Groot said...

Morlock said...

Morlock said...

Post a Comment

 
This site is not endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd. or Disney and is intended for entertainment and information purposes only. The official Star Wars site can be found at www.starwars.com. Star Wars, the Star Wars logo, all names and pictures of Star Wars characters, vehicles and any other Star Wars related items are registered trademarks and/or copyrights of Lucasfilm Ltd., or their respective trademark and copyright holders. All original content of this site, both graphical and textual, is the intellectual property of The Star Wars Underworld - unless otherwise indicated.
Site template © 2011 DheTemplate.com. Supported by PsPrint Emeryville and homeinbayarea.com