Saturday, January 9, 2016

'The Force Awakens' Opens to $33 Million Saturday in China

 By: Dominic Jones

Star Wars: The Force Awakens has finally opened in China, bringing in $33 Million on Saturday.  This makes the film the biggest opening for a Disney film in China and the biggest opening Saturday for a film in China.  China is the final territory to receive the film, which as of yesterday has made $1,602,441,043 world wide at the box office.  Lucasfilm and Disney had been heavily marketing the film in China, where Star Wars had never been released commercially in theaters, it seems to be paying off.  The film had a premiere event with director JJ Abrams, Producer Kathleen Kennedy and its stars Daisy Ridley and John Boyega back on December 27th (pictured below).  The Force Awakens will play in China until February 8th

Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Star Wars news.


Mo said...

Everton Porter said...

Post a Comment

This site is not endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd. or Disney and is intended for entertainment and information purposes only. The official Star Wars site can be found at Star Wars, the Star Wars logo, all names and pictures of Star Wars characters, vehicles and any other Star Wars related items are registered trademarks and/or copyrights of Lucasfilm Ltd., or their respective trademark and copyright holders. All original content of this site, both graphical and textual, is the intellectual property of The Star Wars Underworld - unless otherwise indicated.
Site template © 2011 Supported by PsPrint Emeryville and