By: Dominic Jones
Among the many Star Wars things to be excited for in the next couple of years, near the top of the list is the upcoming "Star Wars Land" theme park coming to Disneyland in California and Disney World in Florida. The park was announced back in August 2015 at the D23 Expo, and since then details have been sparse. Our friends over MakingStarWars.net have gotten their hands on some of the attractions we can expect to see when the park opens in a few years.
According to MSW,
- Poe Dameron’s black X-wing fighter will greet guests at the 3rd entrance to Star Wars Land, although an Episode VIII feature to the fighter might make it different from what we know about it from The Force Awakens.
- Characters and creatures from Star Wars: Episode VIII will be featured in the park.
- The Falcon will be real, life sized, not scaled down at all, and sitting on top of a launch pad.
- The Falcon will be opening and closing its main door and aliens/ troopers will be walking around asking people if they’ve seen anyone leave the ship.
- There will be two major attractions, one larger than “Toon Town” itself.
- Don’t worry about not being able to go inside the Falcon. One of the major attractions will take care of that for you as you fly in the cockpit of the freighter itself.
- The word is the Imagineers loved the Rogue One: A Star Wars Story script, but if that will come into play is still hazy. Initial word was the second major attraction would feature Rogue One content, but now that appears to be somewhat unlikely.
All of that sounds very exciting, it's cool to hear that content from both Episode VIII and Rogue One will be included. Hopefully "Star Wars Land" is something that is constantly being updated to better reflect the evolving Star Wars universe as more films, TV shows, comic books, novels, and video games are released.
As always, this is just a rumor until confirmed or denied by Lucasfilm or Disney.
Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Star Wars news.