By: Dominic Jones
Star Wars fans all around the world will be celebrating the release of The Force Awakens this month when it hits theatres on December 18th (or 17th or 16th). In addition to premieres in London and Los Angeles, several events around the world have been announced for fans to celebrate their excitement over the film. This week we learned of three events in Paris, France, Sydney, Australia, and Abu Dhabi.
In Paris, fans can head to Disneyland Paris on December 16th for a special celebration of the film. The official description of the event states,
Don a costume to show your allegiance to your favorite side of the force so you can live the part to its fullest! Take home a commemorative ticket – a unique souvenir for lightyears to come. Revel in the excitement of witnessing Discoveryland take on a new dimension with specially designed intergalactic décors, outer space photo backdrops, and constellations of thematic activities.
- The Force is calling! Enter the gateway tunnel and you are there! Welcome to a red carpet experience where you will be one of the stars that light up the universe. And you’re in good company, because VIP celebrities will also make a special appearance, adding that extra little sparkle to this intergalactic event.
- Special appearances from the saga’s legendary Characters
- Join Jeremy Bulloch (who played the mythical bounty hunter, Boba Fett) and expert collector, Patrice Girod, in an exclusive live Star Wars presentation. You’ll be on the edge of your seat as they share with you their adventures and experiences in a famous galaxy far, far away.
- Strutt your stuff at the Dance Party fuelled by dazzling visual and sound effects
- Confront the Dark Side on “Planet” Videopolis where Darth Vader patrols against the likes of you and the rebel alliance!
- Feel the full power of the Force in the spectacular Star Tours attraction
- Bring home limited edition merchandise for your legendary collection
- Taste the Star Wars menu at the Hyperion café
- Visit the Star Wars make up station to look the part of your dreams
- Celebrate the legend with an intergalactic “light and sound”grand finale that’s sure to awaken The Force within you. But beware the Dark Side! Darth Vader and Stormtroopers are on hand to capture something deep inside you...your attention...so that you can have an out-of-this-world experience like no other!
In Sydney, fans can head over to the legendary Sydney Opera house for a Star Wars: The Force Awakens fan event on December 10th. The event will be hosted by Star Wars Celebration stage host veteran Jay Laga'aia (who also played Captain Typho in Episodes II and III) and will feature a special Q&A with, Han Solo himself, Harrison Ford!
It gives me great pleasure to announce that I will be hosting the Star Wars: The Force Awakens Fan Event at the Sydney Opera House on the 10th December. There will lots of displays and new discoveries to make and I am especially pleased to announce that I will also be conducting a Q&A with none other than Mr Harrison Ford. I hope to see you either down on the shore line or better still watch the event online. May the force be with you all! @starwarsaunz www.Facebook.com/StarWarsAUNZ #JAYLAGAAIA #captaintypho @jaysjungleTV
And finally, The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that Abu Dhabi will be the location of the Middle Eastern premiere of The Force Awakens. Abu Dhabi served as the real world stand in for the desert planet Jakku in the film, and will host the regional premiere on December 16th.
Hopefully we'll hear of more The Force Awakens events happening all over the world, and we hope everyone going to the events in Paris, Sydney, and Abu Dhabi have a fantastic time!
Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Star Wars news.