By: Dominic Jones
Disney has announced that the Season of the Force event at Disneyland in Anaheim and Disney's Hollywood Studios at Disney World in Orlando will launch on November. The event was announced back at D23 and will feature the following,
- Star Wars Launch Bay – This new area will offer opportunities to visit with favorite Star Wars characters, special exhibits, peeks at the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Awakens and much more.
- Star Tours—The Adventures Continue: This popular attraction will feature a new scene inspired by the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple: Coming in December, a twist on the Jedi Training experience will introduce new characters and a new villain from the popular Disney XD series, Star Wars Rebels.
- Hyperspace Mountain: For a limited time, guests will join an X-wing starfighter battle in this reimagining of the classic Space Mountain attraction.
- Other limited-time experiences include:
- An opportunity to revisit favorite scenes from classic Star Wars films at Tomorrowland Theater.
- Special themed food and beverage, merchandise, and entertainment.
There are rumors that a The Force Awakens preview was intended to shown as part of the event, though it seems that has, at the very least, been put on hold. Our pals over MakingStarWars.net are also reporting that "Star Wars Land" will begin construction in June and that a Rogue One ride is being developed. (Keep in mind this part is a rumor until confirmed by Lucasfilm or Disney).
Will you be checking out "Season of the Force" at the Disney Parks? If so, what are you most excited for? Let us know in the comments!
Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Star Wars news.