On top of blowing our minds with amazing new footage and revealing the full cast on stage, The Force Awakens panel at San Diego Comic Con on Friday night revealed quite a bit about the film itself. Amidst everything that was said at the panel we discovered many interesting facts about Episode VII that have never been heard before. Therefore, below you will find a list of brand new pieces of information about The Force Awakens (and more) that are worth remembering. Some are just for laughs, others are quite intriguing:
- Gareth Edwards will begin shooting the first Anthology film Rogue One in "about three weeks," says Kathleen Kennedy.
- J.J. Abrams was a Jawa for Halloween when he was thirteen. He helped his mother make the costume.
- They have a cut of The Force Awakens and are in the midst of editing.
- J.J. has shown scenes from The Force Awakens to composer John Williams.
- The alien seen in a Force For Change video is a fully practical creature named "Bobbajo" and requires five people to operate it.
- The next trailer for The Force Awakens is expected in the Fall.
- Daisy Ridley trained for months for The Force Awakens.
- Oscar Isaac says his character Poe Dameron takes on the legacy of Han and Luke as great pilots, but is sometimes reckless.
- There are Asian actors in The Force Awakens. Diversity in casting is an important objective for all future Star Wars films, says Kathleen Kennedy.
- J.J. Abrams considers Star Wars a story, not intellectual property.
- Harrison Ford thought Oscar Isaac was wearing a wig at one point.
- Domhnall Gleeson's character is named "General Hux" and indeed a villain because "he's british", according to Gleeson.
- The name of the First Order's base is "Starkiller", in honor of Luke Skywalker's original name.
- Darth Plaguies will not be featured in The Force Awakens.
Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Star Wars news.