Monday, July 20, 2015

Rumor: Benicio Del Toro to Play "Episode VIII" Villain

By Chris Seekell

Today, The Wrap is reporting that actor Benicio del Toro has been offered a lead antagonist role on the upcoming sequel to The Force Awakens, which will be directed by Rian Johnson.

According to The Wrap, "Discussions are still in the very early stages, but Disney and Lucasfilm are high on the Oscar-winning 'Traffic' star... A representative for Disney did not immediately respond to a request for comment."

Audiences may know Toro from his recent role as "The Collector" in last year's Marvel blockbuster Guardians of the GalaxyVariety added that Lucasfilm had been seeking a well known actor for this role, and Joaquin Pheonix had also been approached for the same role.

Star Wars: Episode VIII is slated for a May 26th, 2017 release. As always, take this report with a grain of salt until confirmed or denied officially by Lucasfilm. What do you think of this choice? Let us know in the comments below!

Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Star Wars news.


Xj Cheng said...

John Matrix said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
W. Hawatky said...

W. Hawatky said...

Post a Comment

This site is not endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd. or Disney and is intended for entertainment and information purposes only. The official Star Wars site can be found at Star Wars, the Star Wars logo, all names and pictures of Star Wars characters, vehicles and any other Star Wars related items are registered trademarks and/or copyrights of Lucasfilm Ltd., or their respective trademark and copyright holders. All original content of this site, both graphical and textual, is the intellectual property of The Star Wars Underworld - unless otherwise indicated.
Site template © 2011 Supported by PsPrint Emeryville and