Thursday, May 7, 2015

Second 'The Force Awakens' Teaser Has Gained Over 200M Views

By: Benjamin Hart

The minds of Star Wars fans across the globe were blown once again last month when the second teaser trailer for Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens was revealed. The nearly two minute long teaser, which was premiered at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim, garnered 88 million views in it's first 24 hours online, even blowing away it's well received predecessor. Now CNN Money is reporting that the new trailer has surpassed 200 million views. The news comes directly from Disney CEO Bob Iger who announced it during an earnings report conference call that took place Tuesday. "So that gives you some sense of the tremendous interest and excitement around this film, which should only intensify as we get closer to the December 18 release date," Iger said.

Sources: CNN Money, The Street

Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Star Wars news.


John Matrix said...

David Iacono said...

Post a Comment

This site is not endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd. or Disney and is intended for entertainment and information purposes only. The official Star Wars site can be found at Star Wars, the Star Wars logo, all names and pictures of Star Wars characters, vehicles and any other Star Wars related items are registered trademarks and/or copyrights of Lucasfilm Ltd., or their respective trademark and copyright holders. All original content of this site, both graphical and textual, is the intellectual property of The Star Wars Underworld - unless otherwise indicated.
Site template © 2011 Supported by PsPrint Emeryville and