By: Dominic Jones
It's been more or less confirmed that a new trailer for Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens will debut next week(!) at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim, during the kick off panel featuring JJ Abrams, Kathleen Kennedy, and "special guests" on Thursday April 16th at 10:00am PST. But what will the new trailer feature? Our friends over at MakingStarWars.net may have the answer. They have a break down of some of the things we'll be seeing in what they report will be a one minute and fifty second trailer. Since this is a trailer, you should be able to read on without being spoiler and as usual there is a chance that this could be false, but if you are trying to avoid all The Force Awakens spoiler, then stop reading now. This is your official SPOILER ALERT!
- The teaser runs at about a one minute and fifty seconds, just under two minutes.
- Han, Leia, Artoo and Threepio
- We do see Yavin in the teaser.
- We see a shot of Finn with a blue lightsaber.
- There is a shot of Captain Phasma (Gwendoline Christie), the chrome Stormtrooper, very briefly.
- We do see Kylo Ren’s helmeted face.
- We see Poe Dameron shoot down a TIE fighter.
- A shot of Finn and Poe walking past one another at the base.
- There is a shot of Poe Dameron, Artoo-Detoo, See-Threepio, and a CGI character (Rose).
- BB-8 socketed in the back of an X-wing.
- Kylo Ren’s Imperial shuttle flys by with TIE escorts to the Star Destroyer (it is the one MakingStarWars.net wrote about
- Star Destroyer(s)
- The Falcon
- X-wing fighters flying in a V-shape formation.
- Darth Vader’s helmet sitting on a podium.
- no Serkis.
- No Luke.
This sounds like it will be a cool trailer. The idea of seeing the Vader helmet is very intriguing. Also it sounds like even tough Han, Leia, R2, and 3PO will all be in the trailer, the focus is still very much on the new characters.
As always this is just a rumor until confirmed or denied by Lucasfilm or Disney.
Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Star Wars news.