By: Dominic Jones
Word got out earlier today that actor Maisie Richardson-Sellers would be playing a character named Korr Sella in Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens. Little was known about Richardson-Sellers role in the film, until now. Our friends over at MakingStarWars.net have posted some details about her character, which was known as "the emissary" during production (much in the same way that Rey was listed as "Kira" behind the scenes). The role seems to be small but important (which might explain why The Hollywood Reporter suggested she may be a lead back when she was first reportedly cast). As usual, there is a chance that this may not be true but if you are avoiding all The Force Awakens spoilers then stop reading now! This is your official SPOILER ALERT!
According to Jason Ward from Making Star Wars, here's was Korr Sella, aka "The Emissary" will be doing in The Force Awakens,
- It appears The Emissary is on a secret mission of her own.
- The role is small but could be pivotal.
- She has 3-4 scenes at most.
- It appears she is working for Leia.
- She is at Rose’s Pub when the Empire’s new weapon levels the pub and the castle next to it.
- She doesn’t survive the attack.
- Her death brings Leia and See-Threepio to the planet where they have an awkward meeting with Han Solo.
What's interesting about this is that it suggests that Han and Leia may not be on good terms, as if they had some sort of falling out after Return of the Jedi. This would be an interesting twist on what we expect. Perhaps the events of The Force Awakens will bring them together, or perhaps they will never have their chance at a happy reunion. Either way, it sounds like Korr Sella/The Emissary will have an important, albeit small, role to play in the new film.
As always this is just a rumor until confirmed or denied by Lucasfilm or Disney.
Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Star Wars news.