By: Dominic Jones
There are spoilers and then there are spoilers. Up until this point most spoilers have been minor, especially when you compare them to what Jason over at MakingStarWars.net reported today. Even if you've been reading spoilers, you may want to reconsider reading on. This rumor is something that has been speculated before, but this is the first time we have a legitimate source reporting it. This rumor deals with the ultimate fate of a major character and how that scene plays out in detail. So if you don't want to know this major spoiler from Episode VII, then stop reading now. This is you official SPOILER ALERT!
According to Jason,
The facts are this was shot at Pinewood:
- This sequence takes place on the ramparts of The Evil Castle.
- Han Solo is hiding.
- He decides to reveal himself to Kylo Renn.
- Finn, Rey, Chewbacca and BB-8 stop in their tracks.
- They watch as Han Solo confronts Kylo Ren. Kylo Rnn silences the conversation forever.
- Chewbacca lets out of a barrage of angry roars and laser blasts.
- Kylo Ren flees the scene.
- Stormtroopers file in and Finn and Rey are forced to flee.
- More explosions.
- BB-8 and Chewbacca flee to the Falcon.
Han Solo is never in a scene after this. Those are the facts.
Wow. That is huge. We've speculated this may happen, but if this is how it happens then wow! Jason suggests that this scene may play out a bit like Obi-Wan's death in Episode IV. Which makes sense seeing as it seems Han may almost being playing an Old Ben type role (in that he helps get the next generation started on their journey, not the hokey religions part). Still, this sounds like a tragic scene and I'm sure there will be some tears in the theatres come December 18th, 2015 (assuming this is true).
As always this is just a rumor until confirmed or denied by Lucasfilm or Disney.
Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Star Wars news.