By: Dominic Jones
It seems there is going to be a lot of Star Wars shooting going on in the next few months. Our pals over at MakingStarWars.net have come across some details from their sources about filming for The Force Awakens re-shoots and principal photography on the Gareth Edwards directed 2016 Stand Alone film. Here's what they heard,
- Expect more on-location shooting than for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Crew members are hearing their start dates now.
- Many believe they are doing a lot of work on-location in Mexico for the first spin-off.
- There have been some Star Wars: The Force Awakens re-shoots going down recently at Pinewood using some of those people.
- Bounty hunters are important to the film.
- Painters are expected to redress some set pieces from The Force Awakens and there are lots of cost cutting measures like that in place for the first spin-off film. Most of the reshoot materials are to be saved when possible for this reason.
MSW also wonders if the film's codename is Los Alamos (which we first reported a few months back) is a reference to the Mexico shoot that they're hearing about. This also lines up with the plot rumors from a /Film, specifically the part about Bounty Hunters. Also, hopefully more location shoots means official reports from the sets (to avoid leaks).
As always this is just a rumor until confirmed or denied by Lucasfilm or Disney.
Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Star Wars news.