Last week we reported that a new mobile strategy game titled Star Wars: Commander is set to be rolled out this Summer on various devices. Now AppAdvice.com reports that the game has been soft-launched on the Australian IOS app store, and they revealed more details about the title:
"Star Wars: Commander challenges players to:
- Choose your side: Will you command AT-ATs and Tie Fighters as the Empire? Or call on iconic heroes like Han Solo and Princess Leia as the Rebellion?
- Build and defend your base: Train unique troops specific to each faction, and fortify your base with deflector shields, turrets, heavy artillery, and other defenses!
- Lead epic battles: Strategically deploy powerful armies, units, and vehicles against enemies and players around the galaxy!
- Form the ultimate Squad: Build strong alliances with friends and other players!
- Travel to multiple planets and complete special missions: Play an all-new story as a valiant leader on the front lines of the Galactic Civil War.
- Upgrade your strike team and its defenses: Strengthen your forces with multiple levels of upgrades for each unit!"
Also, thanks to YouTube user "TouchGameplay" we now have gameplay from Commander. The footage is over a half hour in length and shows off many of the features and mechanics of the game. You can watch it below:
In the initial announcement, Disney stated that limited early access would be given to select markets, and this definitely confirms that is happening now. Be sure to keep an eye on your favorite app stores, Star Wars: Commander could be available in your area very soon.
Source: AppAdvice.com, YouTube
Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Star Wars news.