Saturday, June 14, 2014

UPDATE: Lucasfilm Confirms Extent Of Harrison Ford's Injury

10 comments

By Chris Seekell

The internet was taken by storm this week by reports that actor Harrison Ford had been airlifted to a hospital after injuring his ankle on the set of Star Wars Episode VII.

In the wake of the news, the web saw an upwelling of support for the Han Solo actor, as well as its fair share of jokes and snide remarks, including the above photoshopped photo, and even a Twitter account for Harrison Ford's Ankle.

Now, Sky News has obtained confirmation directly from Lucasfilm that Harrison Ford did indeed break his ankle.

LucasFilm confirmed that the 71-year-old star of the first three Star Wars films broke his ankle while filming at the studio complex in Buckinghamshire. He was airlifted to hospital in Oxford for treatment.

According to some reports his ankle was crushed when the door of the Millennium Falcon fell on it...

..Disney spokesman Paul Roeder said filming would continue on schedule while Ford recovers.

A spokesman for Lucasfilm said: "Harrison Ford sustained an ankle injury during filming today on the set of Star Wars: Episode VII.

"He was taken to a local hospital and is receiving care. Shooting will continue as planned while he recuperates."

A spokesman for Thames Valley Police said: "Just after 5, officers were called to Pinewood Studios.

"A 71-year-old man was injured in an incident believed to involve a garage door.

"He was airlifted to John Radcliffe Hospital where his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.

"The Health and Safety Executive have been informed and will look into it."

UPDATE: Sky News has recently spoken to a publicist from Lucasfilm and obtained a few more tidbits.

A publicist for the film told Sky News they were: "Hoping to announce some good news soon."

A spokesman for Ford's wife, the Ally McBeal actress Calista Flockhart, told The Daily Telegraph she was flying out to the UK to be with her husband.

All of us at the SWU wish Mr. Ford a speedy recovery!

Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Episode VII news.

Source: Sky News

10 comments:

Jan said...

Thunderpen said...

father said...

Redneck Tuxedo said...

James Clayton said...

J Kro said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
T.J Mac said...

jeff davis said...

Lifeingames said...

Pota29 said...

Post a Comment

 
This site is not endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd. or Disney and is intended for entertainment and information purposes only. The official Star Wars site can be found at www.starwars.com. Star Wars, the Star Wars logo, all names and pictures of Star Wars characters, vehicles and any other Star Wars related items are registered trademarks and/or copyrights of Lucasfilm Ltd., or their respective trademark and copyright holders. All original content of this site, both graphical and textual, is the intellectual property of The Star Wars Underworld - unless otherwise indicated.
Site template © 2011 DheTemplate.com. Supported by PsPrint Emeryville and homeinbayarea.com