By: Lillian Skye
Star Wars Weekends is the hub for the latest Star Wars Rebels news. Each weekend, talent from the new series sits down with Ashley Eckstein, the voice of Ahsoka Tano in Star Wars: The Clone Wars, at the show Behind the Force to talk about their acting experience and their respective character's role in the show.
At Star Wars Weekends weekend Two, Eckstein interviewed Tiya Sircar, the voice of the new Rebels' character Sabine Wren, about her experience with Disney. Sircar was the voice of Mishti in the show Phineas and Ferb, and was a character on the Suite Life on Deck. Sircar also was in the film 17 Again with Disney Chanel heart throb Zac Efron.
Star Wars highlights from the show:
- Dave Filoni, executive producer of Rebels, was shown sporting the jacket that was made for The Clone Wars crew as he gave fans a tour of the "Lucasfilm lair," in an exclusive video.
- Fans got a look at the Design and Production Department. "Every little detail in one of these shows has to be designed," explained Filoni. "Nothing just occurs at random."'
- R2-D2 is to beeps and grumbles as Chopper is to whirrs and groans.
- Rocky Relationship: In the same clip, R2 and Chopper are seen exchanging witty remarks. "Is that Dave's office," R2 beeps, rolling up to Chopper. Chopper whirrs that "it's a place for has-been astromechs." R2-D2 replies something along the lines of "that's why you came from there."
- In a clip from the Star Wars Rebels series, Sabine quipped how a group of Stormtroopers needed more target practice as she easily dodges their fire. She calls them "bucket head," "predictable," and "by the book." Eventually, the Troops circle back around..and discover that she left an explosive surprise for them on one of her drawings.
- New Quotes: "That was some diversion Sabine. Did the job so well, we can see the explosion from here," said Hera. "Forget the explosion," Sabine replied, "Look at the color."